Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Bang Boom

Momma knows best...right? Well, at least, she asks the right questions, tries to, that is. Today on my daily phone call to my mom (I know, cute right, I live in Japan and I'm calling my mom all the way back in the states), she asked me what am I looking for in a guy since this last guy, he's not a dud, it's just we don't have the spark. He likes me, a lot, and I like him just not like that. Anyway, I was stumped for a little bit, I pondered for a while and I realized that I don't just want anything, I have a setlist. This is all I want, physically and mentally:
  • A guy with a great smile who loves to smile
  • Infectious laughter
  • Someone who's funny and makes me laugh
  • Ambitious, goal orientated
  • Not messy (because I am)
  • Adventurous
  • Close to his family (intermediate family is fine by me)
  • Likes to write or read (this is a must for me)
  • Shows affection but not too much even around friends
  • Gives me space
  • Likes my good friends and likes/tolerate my family
  • Sweet
  • Someone who doesn't talk crap about other girls
  • A man who loves me the way I am, the way I look and everything
  • Athletic/Stays in shape
  • Into sports
  • Respectable
  • Intelligent/Well Educated
  • Loves the idea of date night
  • Love surprising me
It's kind of a stupid list but it's a working progress. I'm just asking for those few little things. I'm sure, it's like asking for the moon and stars but that's all I want. I'm not looking for love now but it's something that I do want.

1 comment:

  1. You must have a good relationship with your mom if you can talk about this kind of stuff. I could never talk to my mom about this!

    I didn't think I had a list until I read yours and I agree with pretty much everything! I jus't don't want him to be too sporty. I hate guys who are ALWAYS at the gym.

    People say I'm too picky or that I have too high standards. While personally, I just don't want to waste time on a guy I'm not really interested in. There's so much more to life right?

    Gwen (gwen.broken-road.com)

    ReplyDelete

Good day, Good day, drop me a line or drop it like it's hot. It's your choice :)