Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Of Love, Robes and Tussled Hair

I am pretty stumped about men, lately, I've been pretty stumped about what is so exciting about me walking around in my pink poka-dotted robe in the dorms doing laundry. It's not as risque as men walking around completely shirtless in boxers. I think it's less risque. I'm fully covered. I've never seen so many people stare. Well, men. And they stare. Excitedly. My guy friend said it reminds him of sex and how easy it is to unrobe and behold or something lame and extra corny like that. My other guy friend said, it's the hair.

The hair. You read that correctly.

The hair.

The hair that is extra tussled, just rolled out of bed, maybe somebody just ran their fingers through the hair. It's sexy, it's electrifying, it's exciting. It gratifies stares.

That I don't get. My hair, honestly, is literally, I just got up to do laundry hair. When I actually put my hair in a ponytail, nobody even blinks, well kind of, I'm still wearing the robe. But still the robe and the hair gets blinks and stares and "what'sup"s.

So, it made me think, guys clearly think things that girls DO NOT thing is sexy, is sexy. Guys think unfussed with hair is beyond sexy like calves, long legs and delicate hands. Girls and guys have a different idea of what beauty is. It's befuddling. Well, I'm going to lay down.

2 comments:

  1. In the words of Star Trek's Chris Pine: "A white wife-beater tank top, tight jeans, and a pair of heels drive us nuts."

    I've actually heard this several times that guys find this really attractive. And it's like the simplest outfit any girl has hanging in their closet. I find it kinda amusing seeing how much time we girls spend in trying to look good, while the answer is oh so simple.

    Good blog topic.

    - Gwen (gwen.broken-road.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of ridiculous how much effort we spend on trying to look good but I realize we do it more to compete with other women and not for me.

    ReplyDelete

Good day, Good day, drop me a line or drop it like it's hot. It's your choice :)